[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
that's bad news to hear
great actor
especially as most of you should know in 10 Things I Hate About You
"i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"
Heath Ledger found dead in NYC apartment
28-year-old actor was nominated for Oscar for "?Brokeback Mountain'
updated 5:08 p.m. ET, Tues., Jan. 22, 2008
NEW YORK - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in a possible drug-related death, police said. He was 28.
According to WNBC, Ledger was found with pills strewn all around him.
NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper, who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there, found him unconscious at approximately 3:30 p.m. ET, according to the New York Times. After receiving no response from the actor after shaking him, they called authorities.
The Australian-born actor was nominated for an Oscar for "Brokeback Mountain,"? where he met his wife, actress Michelle Williams, in 2005. Ledger and Williams had lived in Brooklyn and had a daughter, Matilda, until they split up last year.
Ledger was to appear as the Joker this year in "The Dark Night,"? a sequel to 2005's "Batman Begins."? He's had starring roles in "A Knight's Tale"? and "The Patriot,"? and played the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in "Monster's Ball."?
Ledger grew up in Perth, and began doing amateur theater at age 10. At 16, he moved to Sydney to pursue an acting career, quickly landing TV movie roles and guest spots on Australian television.
After several independent films and a starring role in the short-lived Fox TV series "Roar,"? Ledger moved to Los Angeles and costarred in "10 Things I Hate About You,"? a teen comedy reworking of "The Taming of the Shrew."?
Offers for other teen flicks came his way, but Ledger turned them down, preferring to remain idle than sign on for projects he didn't like.
"It wasn't a hard decision for me,"? Ledger told the Associated Press in 2001. "It was hard for everyone else around me to understand. Agents were like, "?You're crazy,' my parents were like, "?Come on, you have to eat."?'
His latest role was in "I'm Not There,"? in which he played one of the many incarnations of Bob Dylan "? as did Cate Blanchett, whose performance in that film earned an Oscar nomination Tuesday for best supporting actress.
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
Wow, just wow. I cant believe this, I had been reading a lot about Ledger lately because of "The Dark Knight" with him playing the Joker. He seemed pretty caught up in the character, secluding himself in a hotel by himself for a month preparing for the role. They are saying his Joker is terrifying. He said since preparing he hadnt be able to sleep right. This is just crazy though. RIP
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diets17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, just wow. I cant believe this, I had been reading a lot about Ledger lately because of "The Dark Knight" with him playing the Joker. He seemed pretty caught up in the character, secluding himself in a hotel by himself for a month preparing for the role. They are saying his Joker is terrifying. He said since preparing he hadnt be able to sleep right. This is just crazy though. RIP</div></div>
I had heard the same things and I was kind of afraid that getting deep into characters like he likes to do in preparation for roles got to him w/The Joker role. Just from the previews I think his Joker role in The Dark Knight is going to be creepy as hell.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
A great actor, I loved him in "The Patriot" and "A knights Tale" but if he was doing some heavy drugs and OD'd on them..then I dont have much sympathy for him
Bookmarks